|Practice / Function:||
|Location:||Glasgow, Inverurie, or Manchester|
Incremental is a high growth digital technology business based in the UK. We are looking for a skilled Data Engineer with a proven track record in data analysis, engineering and solutions architecture to help build our Data & AI vision and grow this practice through the delivery of high profile and high value data pipeline, business intelligence and data platform projects.
Overview of the role
As a Data Engineer you will utilise your technical and consulting skills to:
- Work with customers to understand and define their data landscape and how it relates to their business
- Design, develop, execute and maintain highly automated data pipelines using cloud technologies
- Analyse and resolve Data Quality
- Undertake data analysis to produce analytical models and data transformations
- Produce high quality communications and presentations of solutions to customers and colleagues.
What you bring to Incremental
The successful candidate will have excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills coupled with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team, delivering a wide range of services to our customers. In addition, they will possess skills and expertise including:
- The ability to confidently and assuredly communicate with customers and deliver consultative services
- Experience and skill in building data-oriented solutions from source to visualisation
- The ability to utilise SQL and other technologies to perform ETL tasks
- Data Engineering experience including validating raw data, producing models, cleansing and de-duplicating data
- Experience of working with heterogeneous data sources and the issues that they present
- Exposure to cloud computing and data storage, particularly Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Power BI
- Logical and physical database design.
In addition, experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Experience in building Business Intelligence solutions such as Data Warehousing and Enterprise Data Models
- Exposure to data analytics and the tools and approaches that underpin them
- Knowledge of Machine Learning/ Artificial Intelligence
- Experience of Big Data processing platforms
- Experience of Big Data analytics platforms
- Experience with DevOps practices including PowerShell automation.
What we offer you
In this role, you will be empowered to lead several different, high-value customer projects. It is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team from the ground, within an ambitious entrepreneurial digital technology business.
At Incremental we set ourselves stretching standards and always take our work seriously however we are proud to have and promote a healthy work life balance. Some of the company benefits we offer include flexible working, private medical cover, 34 days holiday, a 6.5% contributory pension scheme and life assurance. As an inclusive employer building diverse teams, we welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Are you passionate about technology, looking to develop your skills and experience in a wide range of projects, and can contribute to the growth and success of the business? As an inclusive employer building diverse teams, we welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. Contact our Talent Acquisition Team with your CV to find out more.