For organisations looking for support with Making Tax Digital
Since HMRC introduced Making Tax Digital (MTD), most organisations have to provide VAT information to HMRC through their new portal with MTD compatible software. It is also essential that VAT returns created in an organisations ERP system are kept digitally for ease of VAT audits.
Single MTD entities
Some versions of Dynamics such as Dynamics AX 2012 R3 (requires an update) and Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations have received updated capability to comply with the new requirements. However, for previously unsupported versions, you had to source your own solution.
Group VAT MTD
For VAT groups, Microsoft does not offer an upgrade for Dynamics users to submit their VAT group registration. This means that all organisations with VAT groups registrations will require to purchase new bridging software to submit VAT returns.
MTD guidance for single and group VAT entities
As part of our MTD guidance workshop, one of our expert Finance ERP Consultants will work with you to assist you in getting your VAT returns ready for MTD, helping with VAT configuration for Dynamics AX 2012 R2/R3 or Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and will involve:
- Review of current VAT Configuration in Dynamics AX and D365
- VAT return submissions, EC Sales Report, and Intrastaat set-ups
- Ensuring your system is set up to comply with MTD
- Knowledge share on business and technology processes for MTD
- End-user training, VAT documentation, and gap analysis
The scope of work for the package is:
- Review of business processes
- Review of current system VAT configuration
- A tailored discussion on your VAT issues
Who is the guidance package aimed at?
- For users of Dynamics AX 2012 R2/R3 or Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- The Financial Accountant responsible for preparing the Company VAT returns or anyone accountable for VAT audits
- Recommendations, configuration document and system process notes
- A gap analysis document to advise on issues
Enquire about our service below, we will be in contact to arrange a preparation call and answer any questions you might have. By enquiring you are under no obligation to proceed with the assessment, any costs will be agreed before proceeding.