Microsoft is retiring Skype for Business on 31st July 2021, when it will no longer be accessible. Microsoft Teams (Teams) is the solution that is replacing Skype for Business. Now is the time for organisations to start planning how they will successfully migrate to Microsoft Teams as the platform for their calling, meetings, messaging, collaboration and communication requirements.
Depending on your business requirements, there are multiple options for migrating to Microsoft Teams, and numerous methods for adequately preparing your environment, deploying Teams to your users and preparing them for the change.
Our two-day Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams migration package is ideal for organisations that need targeted help in migrating from Skype for Business to Teams.
Our cloud migration experts conduct a full review of your current ecosystem to identify the best migration pathways available to you.
Who is this package aimed at?
Ideal candidates for this package are IT admins or infrastructure professionals responsible for organisational communications, telecommunications and virtual meetings.
The scope of work for the migration package is as follows:
Day 1Discovery workshop covering:
- Review of the existing tenancy
- Third-party telecommunications, hardware and existing phone lines
- Wide area network and local area network connections and speeds
- Direct calling and external Teams access requirements
- Governance requirements
- Current Skype for Business usage
Day 2Development of deployment roadmap including:
- Configuration requirements for Teams tenancy
- Proposed high-level Direct Routing and SIP provider options
- Wide Area Networking requirements for reliable telephony
- Proposed implementation modes for identified user groups
- Governance and adoption overview
At the end of the two-day session, you will have a clear understanding of the considerations for deployment and migration from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams, and an outline roadmap to successfully deliver this within your organisation.
Our cloud consultants will work with you throughout your implementation if required, and our Office 365 consultants are on hand to deliver additional governance solutions, productivity assessments and communication and engagement programmes to help your users get the most out of Teams.